Are my payments and personal information secure?Updated 7 months ago
Shopify powers our store, and they are certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant by default. All your payment and personal information is secure.
Shopify’s compliance covers all six PCI standard categories:
- Maintain a secure network
- Protect cardholder data
- Maintain a vulnerability management program
- Implement strong access control measures
- Regularly monitor and test networks
- Maintain an information security policy
What is PCI?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a security standard for organizations that handle credit and debit card information. The standard was created to increase controls around payment data to reduce fraud.
If you want to sell online and accept payments from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover, your software and hosting need to be PCI-compliant.